Set your intentions for the year in beautiful Bali.
This 7-day retreat is the perfect time and place to rest, relax, and reflect on your vision and intentions for the year ahead.
Set at Ubud’s luxurious Amori Villas, each day of the retreat will bring something new. From healing herbal massages and yoga classes, to cultural excursions and world-class spa treatments. You’ll spend your days and nights deepening your practice, exploring exotic Bali with organised cultural excursions, and finding new ways to soothe your body and mind.
The thread of Sādhana will be woven throughout the retreat, with daily practices, meditation, journaling, intention-setting, and more – all helping you create a healing routine of your own, that you can continue long after your return home.
Under the guidance of the friendly and experienced Maria and Angela, from the highly regarded Hot Yoga Wellington, you’ll find your goals for 2020, and learn what makes your heart sing.
- 7 nights accommodation at Amori Villas or neighbouring Hidden Paradise Suites & Villas
- Return airport transfers
- Opening ceremony and blessing for the retreat
- Gourmet breakfast and dinner daily
- Morning soft flow yoga
- Evening yin yoga and nidra
- Daily meditation
- 3 healing spa treatments
- Yoga philosophy workshop
- Journal for daily journaling
- Group excursion to Tirta Empul water temple
- Group trek to visit Tegenungan waterfall (including packed lunch)
- In-house cooking class and lunch with 6am visit to the Ubud fresh food market
- 60-minute guided village walk
- Free personal transport service to/from Central Ubud area
- Closing ceremony.
- Flights to / from Bali
- Travel insurance
- Visas (if required)
- Personal expenses
- Additional activities
7:30AM – 8:30AM
Morning soft flow yoga
8:30AM – 9:00AM
Meditation & journaling
4:00PM – 5:00PM
Yin yoga class
5:00PM – 5:30PM
5:30PM – 6:30PM
Sunset social hour
Reconnect with yourself in the luxurious heart of Ubud.
Guests of the Sādhana for the Soul retreat will stay at one of two gorgeous spots. Either Amori Villas – where a majority of the retreat’s daily activities will take place – or at the beautiful neighbouring Hidden Paradise Suites & Villas.
Just 10 minutes from central Ubud, Amori Villas is a boutique luxury hotel - renowned for its focus on nourishing its guests’ mental and physical wellbeing. With free WiFi and air-conditioning throughout, marble bathrooms, spacious bedrooms, a stunning infinity pool, and a purpose-built yoga pavilion, Amori’s facilities aren’t just world-class. They’re also perfectly complemented by the lush tropical landscape, sacred rivers, and rice terraces that surround them. With a range of traditionally designed and well-appointed rooms available, at Amori Villas, you’ll soon find yourself feeling a world away.
HIDDEN PARADISE SUITES & VILLAS
Right next door to Amori Villas is the breathtaking Hidden Paradise Suites & Villas. With a restaurant and bar on-site, outdoor pool, gardens, terrace, and contemporary design, Hidden Paradise is the perfect place to unwind. Every room comes with free WiFi, a desk and flat-screen TV, ensuite bathrooms, and a private seating area - the ideal place to kick back and enjoy a little you-time. With a range of twin-share, double, and single accommodation available, there’s room at Hidden Paradise for every type of traveller.
Maria & Angela
This relaxing and rejuvenating retreat will be led by teaching twosome, Maria and Angela.
Maria has owned three yoga studios, and last year ran her first overseas retreat in beautiful Sri Lanka – relishing the chance to help her students deepen their practice beyond the studio walls.
Angela has trained with the likes of Sarah Powers, Joe Barnett, and Jo Phee, and is deeply passionate about sharing what she’s learned with others who are curious, and seeking to bring equanimity to all they are drawn to in daily life – both on and off the mat.
Having co-facilitated 200hr Teacher Trainings together for the last 4 years, the teachers make a well-balanced pair. With softly-spoken Angela’s soothing temperament the perfect yin to fun-loving and vibrant Maria’s yang.
With a firm belief in creating a welcoming and warm space to practice, Maria and Angela look forward to helping their students connect, play, grow, and learn – all in a beautiful Balinese environment.
Spend 7 days dining on the best of Bali
The retreat includes breakfast and dinner each day. Breakfast is served a-la-carte, with your choice of continental, Indonesian, health-lovers, or raw and juices. Choose to eat either in your room, in the restaurant, or in tropical style – on a floating tray in the Amori Villas infinity pool.
Delicious daily dinners are served buffet-style, with a healthy and nourishing mixture of vegetarian, chicken, and fish dishes on offer.
On the day of the waterfall trek, the team at Amori will prepare you a packed lunch – and on another of the days, you’ll create your own tasty lunch during a fun and educational cooking class. On these occasions, dinner will offer up the chance to explore the amazing eateries of Ubud.
Welcome to Ubud, Bali.
Ubud is known as the beating cultural heart of Bali. Nestled in the mountainous landscape, surrounded by rice paddies and banyan trees, Ubud’s name comes from the Balinese word for medicine. And it’s a name the town lives up to, with a smorgasbord of yoga shalas, healthy eateries, spa facilities, and holistic therapies all helping turn Ubud into a health and wellness mecca.
Just 10 minutes from central Ubud, and about 40km from the airport, you’ll find Amori Villas and neighbouring Hidden Paradise Suites & Villas. Two of Ubud’s premier boutique hotels, they’re the perfect base to explore all Ubud has to offer.
From traditional ceremonies and art galleries, to craft markets and breathtaking natural beauty, in Ubud, you’ll be spoilt for choice.
- An NZD $500 deposit is required to book your spot
- The remaining balance is due 10 October 2019
- If booking is made after 10 October 2019, full payment is due immediately.
All cancellations must be made in writing to the Yoga Travel Co.
- If cancellation is advised prior to 10 October 2019, there is no charge and the deposit will be refunded
- If cancellation is advised after 10 October 2019, refunds are at the discretion of the Yoga Travel Co.
Sādhana for the Soul Yoga Retreat, Bali
- Entry into this promotion is deemed as acceptance of the following terms & conditions.
- To enter the prize draw, you can either:
(i) Complete and submit a registration form at any Hot Yoga Wellington studio.
(ii) Enter our social promotion, by completing the following steps:
- Follow the Yoga Travel Co. and Hot Yoga Wellington on Instagram
- Like the retreat prize promotion post
- Tag a friend into the retreat prize promotion post
- Entries open at 6pm on Sunday 30 June 2019 and close at midnight on Wednesday 31 July 2019.
- Entries are limited to one per person (either in-studio or via social).
- The prize draw is open to New Zealand residents only aged 18 or over. Employees and contractors of the Yoga Travel Co. and Hot Yoga Wellington are ineligible to enter.
- Incomplete, late or illegible entries will be invalid. The Yoga Travel Co. and Hot Yoga Wellington reserve the right to verify the validity of all entries and reserve the right to disqualify any individual for tampering with the entry process, including but not limited to making multiple entries or submitting an entry that does not comply with these terms and conditions.
- The prize draw will take place at Hot Yoga Wellington Featherston Street on Tuesday 6 August 2019 at 10am. A winner will be chosen by random draw in accordance with these terms and conditions. The first eligible entry drawn will be deemed to be the Winner.
- The Winner will be notified by email or Instagram direct message within 5 days of the prize draw. If a Winner cannot be contacted within 7 days, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and the Yoga Travel Co. and Hot Yoga Wellington will be entitled to select another winner.
- The Winner’s prize constitutes one place on the 7-Night Sādhana for the Soul Yoga Retreat in Bali from 19 – 26 January 2020 in a single occupancy room at Hidden Paradise Suites and Villas.
- The prize does not include flights. The cost of travel to Bali will be at the expense of the Winner. For full retreat inclusions contact [email protected]
- The prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash, nor can it be exchanged for any other product or service.
- Entry is deemed to be consent to use the Winners information (name and/or photograph) for reasonable publicity and promotional purposes if required without compensation and copyright will be vested in the Yoga Travel Co. and Hot Yoga Wellington
- The Yoga Travel Co. and Hot Yoga Wellington reserve the right to vary any of the terms of entry applying to this Promotion or to modify, extend, terminate, suspend or reschedule this Promotion.
- It is a condition of entry that entrants consent to the following. All entries remain the property of the Yoga Travel Co. and Hot Yoga Wellington. All personal information will be collected and stored in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. The Yoga Travel Co. and Hot Yoga Wellington will use entrants’ personal information to conduct the Promotion and for its own future promotional, marketing, database and publicity), which may include the sending of electronic messages for the purposes of the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007. Entrants have the right to access and request correction of personal information held by the Yoga Travel Co. and Hot Yoga Wellington.
Check out what Amori Villas guests are saying
"I stayed here with a group as part of a yoga retreat and the setting and service couldn't have been more perfect. The entire place has a wonderful feeling of calm about it which means that you feel instantly relaxed on arriving. I can't fault it in any way. The pool is divine (as it the hot tub!) and the grounds are beautifully kept. The rooms are all different and each one just lovely. The staff too are incredible - warm and caring people who did everything they could to make our stay perfect."DayaJune 2019
"One of best places I've ever visited. You can have it all - quietness, yoga, pool, meditation, great food, fantastic villas, half day excursions, temple visits etc. But most of all you'll have a truly magic place where travelling feels like it used to be. Incredibly warm, welcoming people. Can't wait to go back."RobertMay 2019
"We visited Amori Villas during July of 2018. We are frequent travelers to international hotels, resorts, cruises, casual weekend spot etc and we all agreed that Amori Villas was the most magical and wonderful hotel we have ever stayed in. The staff were uniformly kind, gracious, helpful, and already lovely. I will return and certainly would not look elsewhere for accommodations in Ubud. We did have some excitement at the hotel-when a wild monkey visited the pool area! It made for lots of additional photo opportunities and increased interactions among the humans!!"BethMay 2019